Friday, January 12, 2007

Sen. Scott's 2008 Statewide Plans

Sen. Delbert Scott (R-Lowry City) won't say what statewide office he's interested in running for in 2008.

Scott has filed the appropriate papers with the Missouri Ethics Commission to explore a statewide run.

The offices up for grabs include Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State and Treasurer.

"I'm looking to see what's going to open up," Scott told me. He said he won't necessarily run for anything.

When I pressed him on particular offices, he wouldn't offer up specifics. "I'm not interested in talking about what office I'm interested in at this particular point. I'll certainly decide within the next year, but it's not certain I'll run for anything."

When asked if he thought Governor Blunt would run for a second term, he said he thought he probably would. "I don't know, I assume that he will. I hope he will," Scott said. "I think he's done a wonderful job. We certainly support him."

Guess that means Sen. Scott isn't eyeing a primary challenge against the Gov.

That's about the only thing I could rule out from his answers.

No comments: