Thursday, April 03, 2008

10 Quick Questions . . . With Mike Gibbons

An occasional series with Missouri pols



1. What’s on your Ipod?
Gibbons: I don't have an Ipod, but I'm listening to Toby Keith's Big Dog Daddy and Greatest Hits 2 CDs in my car.
2. What book are you currently reading?
Gibbons: I'm currently reading Younger Next Year and just finished reading Team of Rivals about Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin.

3. Your husband/wife/partner gets most annoyed at you when . . . . (fill in the blank)
Gibbons: I don't focus on my health and skip a workout.


4. What’s the speech you’ve given that you are most proud of?
Gibbons: My Senate Opening Day Speech in 2006 highlighting one of the most historic sessions in our state's history in 2005 and framing healthcare reform, protecting property owners from eminent domain abuse, and locking the door and throwing away the key on sexual predators as our session priorities.


5. Name a political figure that you idolize or highly respect.
Gibbons: Abraham Lincoln.


6. You’ve got a free weekend to do whatever you want in Missouri. Where do you go and what do you do?
Gibbons: I would spend the weekend at Table Rock Lake boating, fishing and swimming with my family.


7. Who's a friend in the political sphere you go to for advice and why?
Gibbons: Roy Blunt, because he is a friend who, like me, has served in the majority and the minority and has a wealth of experience to share.


8. What’s the worst thing about living in Missouri?
Gibbons: No ocean.


9. What’s a political issue you’d like to learn more about?
Gibbons: I want to learn more about the success of the "broken windows" theory by Wilson and Kelling that was used in New York City to combat crime by focusing on fixing problems when they are small.


10. What political blogs or news websites do you click on first in the morning?
Gibbons: johncombest.com.



ALSO: Read 10 Quick Questions with Rep. Jeff Harris by clicking HERE.

No comments: