Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ron Paul Wins Metro Republican Straw Poll

Ron Paul has won the Springfield Metro Republican Club straw poll.

Paul won overwhelmingly with 78% of the vote, according to a local supporter of the libertarian running for President.

109 people voted. The results are as follows:

Ron Paul – 78% (85)
Mike Huckabee 10% (11)
Mitt Romney – 5% (6)
Michael Smith – 4% (4)
Fred Thompson – 2% (2)
Rudy Giuliani - 1% (1)

The local G.O.P. group held the poll for any Missouri resident that will be voting age by February 5th.

The voting began at 6 p.m. Thursday evening and finished around 7:30 p.m. One speaker for each candidate was also allowed to give a short, one minute depiction of the candidate that they support.

Convinced yet that the Paul people are the most dedicated?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't get a chance to vote for Ron Paul but I would have. Since I have found out about him a couple weeks ago, and after doing a little research, I can see why his support is growing. One thing I did find out is that he is a 10 term Republican, not a Libertarian running for President. Just thought I would let you know.

boyd said...

Ron Paul may be a third party spoiler. He could assure a Hillary victory much like Ross P. did for Bill. Since Hillary can't get more than 45% of the national vote she like her husband will need someone to split the independent vote. The moral majority people are talking about running someone also, which might mean we could have a president who only got 35% of the popular vote.

The Last American said...

And yet there's no mention of it on the Ky3 site.

Am I going to have to start going to Area417 for ALL my Springfield news now?

What's up with the name? said...

Yes, John, you do;)

What's up with the name? said...

Actually, I want to give Mr. Catanese a big ole' hug for doing the story in an unbiased way. C'mer, city boy. Lets dance;)

Charity Angel Kerr said...

Go Ron Paul! Yea! IF I was not out of state at a funeral I would have been there and voted for Ron Paul!!