Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sarah Steelman's Bedtime Message

LATE NIGHT E-MAIL TO SUPPORTERS SEEKS MONEY FOR MORE MEDIA
From the road in Kansas City at 10 p.m., Steelman writes . . .
"Based on the response to this morning’s email we are very close to making another buy. We still need just a little bit more. If you were not able to respond this morning, please consider doing so now."

***

ALSO: MAKES THE CASE FOR THE GENERAL:

"I am often asked if I would support my opponent if he should win the primary. The answer I always give is that I don’t want Jay Nixon to be Governor. I know that on this, we agree. But I also know that the best way to keep Jay Nixon out of the Governor’s Mansion is for me to be his opponent come November. He can’t attack me for bad votes in Washington. He can’t tie me to poor congressional approval ratings. He can’t say I am out of touch with Missourians. It will be hard for him to attack me at all."


No comments: