Members of Southwest Missouri's chapter of Planned Parenthood are planning a demonstration across from KY3 studios before the Republican primary debate for Governor tonight.
Supporters of Planned Parenthood will be stationed across the street on 999 West Sunshine between 6-7:30 p.m.
"The campaigns have offered very limited details about their healthcare agenda," said Kellie Freeman Rohrbaugh, the director of public affairs, in a release. "We hear the candidates talk about prevention and we want to know more," she added.
Some of the questions Planned Parenthood want Kenny Hulshof and Sarah Steelman to answer include:
- What would they do to address the need for breast and cervical cancer screening among low-income women?
- Do you support getting information to the families of young women about the HPV vaccine which can prevent many forms of cervical cancer?
- Will you help young Missourians get medically accurate sex education that includes information about abstinence?
- Do you believe Missourians have the right to have their prescriptions filled by pharmacists without judgment or delay?
- Do you support women's access to affordable birth control and would you work toward a solution with Missouri's Congressional Delegation?
The Hulshof-Steelman debate airs live on KY3 tonight at 8 p.m.