Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Skelton Will Run; Won't File Until March 7th

The Lake Sun Leader is reporting that 4th District Congressman Ike Skelton will run for re-election this year, but not formally file papers with the Secretary of State until next week.

The Sun describes Skelton as "a well-known and popular politician in the lake area who draws support from Democrats and Republicans."

"I want to express my sincere gratitude to my neighbors and friends for their past support. I continue to be humbled as I stand in your shoes in the halls of Congress. It is a true honor to be a voice on behalf of rural America and our outstanding men and women in uniform," Skelton said in a statement, according to the Sun.

So far, no Republican has filed to challenge Skelton for his seat.


No comments: