Tuesday, August 29, 2006

KC Buzz: McCaskill "Really Worried"

U.S. Senate candidate Claire McCaskill says she's "really worried" about Democratic turnout for the November election, according to a recent entry by the Kansas City Star's political blog.

From the KC Buzz Blog:

Speaking at a Jackson County Democratic Party brunch this weekend, McCaskill told the crowd the low turnout in the Democratic primary has her concerned about her prospects against Sen. Jim Talent.

"I am really worried," she said. "I saw the turnout. I'm telling you folks we've got problems. We cannot phone this in anymore. If we do not get out there and we do not start sounding the alarm right now, we will not lose this race because we don't have a strong candidate or the right message, we will lose this race because we can't get people to pay attention. So help me, help me, help me."

No comments: