Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Local Clinton Supporter Will Take Her Cues From Hillary

***THE DEMS REACT***

RECONCILATION?

Craig Hosmer, Greene County Democratic Party Chairman:

"A lot of it depends on what she says tonight and what she does over the next few days. Does she throw her support behind him unconditionally or wait for some kind of offer on the ticket? I know there are superdelegates in Missouri, two or three who are going to support Senator Obama, who have not indicated it yet . . . This is going to be all resolved sometime Wednesday or Thursday."


. . .OR RELUCTANCE?

Angela Acree, Springfield Clinton Supporter & Delegate:

"I'm not going to concede until she does. If she wants to take it to the convention, I'm going to be there. I'm not going to do anything other than vote for Hillary Clinton. Even if she released her delegates, I'd vote for her at the convention . . . I'll absolutely support (Obama) as the nominee, if he's the nominee. Am I going to work and mobilize the kind of organization I did for Hillary Clinton? I don't know. I'm still in denial. A lot of her southwest Missouri supporters don't know what to do yet. If he picks her for vice president, I think the whole entire organization down here would work hard for them as a team. If he doesn't, I don't know if I'll stand on a street corner holding signs in the cold weather."

No comments: