Wednesday, May 16, 2007

G.O.P. Part Deux: Best Lines

Here are the best lines from the second Republican Presidential Debate:

"I will be the last man standing if necessary," John McCain on his support for the war in Iraq.

"I think Rudy McRomney would make a bad ticket. I kind of like the order," Rudy Giuliani, in response to Gov. Jim Gilmore's phrase that infers that the top 3 candidates aren't true conservatives.

"I wish my name would get in the moniker Governor Gilmore's putting out there. I could use the bump," Mike Huckabee on the Rudy McRomney reference.

"My fear is that McCain-Kennedy would do to immigration what McCain-Feingold has done to campaign finance and money in politics, and that's bad," Mitt Romney on McCain's immigration plan.

"I haven't changed my position on even numbered years, or have changed because of the different offices that I may be running for," John McCain, responding to Romney's charge.

"They attacked us because we've been over there," Ron Paul on why terrorists attacked the United States on September 11.

"That's an extraordinary statement, as someone who lived through the attack on September 11th. That we invited the attack because we were attacking Iraq. I don't think I've ever heard that before. And I've heard some pretty absurd explanations for September 11th," Rudy Giuliani, responding to Paul.

"They don't come here to attack us because we're rich and we're free. They come and attack us because we're over there," Ron Paul responding to Giuliani.

"And we're wondering whether water boarding would be a bad thing to do. I'm looking for Jack Bauer at that time," Tom Tancredo on whether certain tactics would be appropriate to use with knowledge of an imminent terrorist attack.

No comments: