Monday, May 31, 2010

Q&A with Nick Ladendorf

by Joe Daues, KSPR News

Q:  As a brand new Congressman, how do you plan to make southwest Missouri’s voice heard in a body of 435 people?

A: What I’m doing is I’m putting my agenda out there, my views.  I’m hoping the voters will see that their values line up with mine.  I’m not going to put my finger to the wind and try to get, you know, figure out what they want to hear.

Q: What’s the most important issue facing the Ozarks and the nation?  How do you intend to address it as a Congressman?

A: The closest thing I could see to a quick fix with all the economic issues we’re having is the legalization of marijuana and hemp.  We just can’t continue to fund this war on drugs and lock up people, breaking up families and all the other issues that come up with it.

Q: How do you plan to cut through the bitterness and rancor of Capitol Hill so it’s not more of the same old debate?

A: I’m neither a Republican or Democrat.  I don’t really have anything invested in picking one side or the other. I’m interested in getting things done.  Bickering is fine as long as people wrap it up at the end of the day and get through the issues.

Q: What makes you the right person for this job?

A:  I think anybody who looks at what I’m proposing will see that I have thought about every issue.  I’ve taken many sides of every issues and figured out, “If this is the right idea, why is it the right idea?” And then really examined everything.  I think I have a more comprehensive view on it than a lot of people. 

Learn more about Nick Ladendorf's campaign at his website
Find out where Nick Ladendorf stands on nine key issues.

No comments: