Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Schweich Posts Strong Quarter


Raises $349,029 in Campaign for State Auditor

Boosted by strong establishment support within the Missouri GOP, former U.S. ambassador Tom Schweich announced he raised $349,029 during his first full fundraising quarter in his campaign for State Auditor.
The Schweich campaign is touting his total as "more than double" than the previous highest fundraising quarter for a State Auditor candidate, held by Claire McCaskill in January of 2002. McCaskill reported raising $171,040 (excluding personal loans) in January 2002, according to Schweich's release.
"I announced I was running for state auditor just twelve short weeks ago," said Schweich. "I am honored by the support I have received from voters across the state who believe my experience and my financial conservatism make me the best candidate to protect their tax dollars as Missouri’s next State Auditor," said Schweich in a statement.
Schweich's campaign noted "dozens of contributions" of less than $100.
Schweich is running the Republican primary against State House Budget Chair Allen Icet.
The winner will face Democratic incumbent Susan Montee in November 2010.

No comments: