Sunday, August 02, 2009

Long Takes The Pledge

Above is more of Billy Long's campaign kick-off speech. Less scripted and more from the heart, this is arguably the strongest part of Long's argument.
Long speaks about an unnamed elected official who told him, "nothing will change" if he's elected. Long replies, "Somebody has to do it . . . I'm in a point of my life where I can do it." He also mentions that he was interested in running back in 1996 -- when Congressman Roy Blunt first ran -- but passed on the opportunity because of the ages of his daughters.
He claims his campaign is "leading way out in front on support."
"You can't believe the people that've written me checks. They said, Billy, I haven't given in 12, 15 years. I was so disgusted with the system. One family came up and capped out. They said, 'We've never given to a politician in our life - I said, that's good, I'm not a politician. Your record is still intact."
ALSO: WATCH LONG TAKE TERM LIMIT PLEDGE OF 12 YEARS

No comments: