Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Icet Releases "Courageous" Endorsements as Schweich Announces

State Representative Allen Icet released a long list of endorsements from his House GOP colleagues for his bid for state auditor on the same day rival Tom Schweich kicked off his campaign for same office.

Icet's list includes 80 State House members and 2 State Senators. House Speaker Ron Richard, Speaker Pro Tem Bryan Pratt and Majority Floor Leader Steve Tilley are all on the list behind Icet.

All of Springfield's Republican State representatives are also on board.

Icet also announced support from State Sen. Jim Lembke and Sen. Jason Crowell.

"I am honored and gratified today to release the following endorsements of my campaign to be the next Auditor of the State of Missouri. The list of colleagues in the Missouri House speaks for itself. The support from this group of proven leaders is a great testament of their faith in my ability to be the next Missouri State Auditor. These hard working men and women and I have worked together in Jefferson City to bring common sense conservative leadership to Missouri's future. They have witnessed first hand my conservative principles and that's why they are supporting my campaign," said Icet.

Icet also noted that "each one of these leader have proven campaign operations on the ground." "The type of grassroots organization will prove to be invaluable as I work diligently to take my message of fiscal restraint and reform to all four corners of this great states. I will work hard during this campaign to make each and every one of these respected lawmakers proud of their courageous and important endorsement of my campaign," he added.

Icet was first elected to the State House in 2002 and became Budget Chair in 2005.

Former U.S. ambassador Tom Schweich is touring the state Tuesday to announce his own campaign for the GOP nomination for state auditor. Schweich is scheduled to be in Springfield at 4:30 p.m.








No comments: