Saturday, October 18, 2008

McCain Camp Ramps Up Robocalls

The message being sent to voters in the Ozarks links Barack Obama to former domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.
Watch the KY3 NEWS @ 10 REPORT HERE
***
"It's scary to me because I'm afraid somebody's going to take this literally. There's a lot of people that aren't rational and could do something horrific, that's what scares me," says Springfield independent voter Carol, who asked her last name be withheld for fear of retribution for complaining.
***
BUT HOW EFFECTIVE ARE THE AUTOMATED CALLS?
"I don't think we'd even declare its effective. I think what we can say is its cheap, because you don't have to pay callers to do it, and you can say anything you want," says Missouri State University professor of Political Communication Elizabeth Dudash. "I don't know anyone who is necessarily pro-Obama who is going to go, oh yeah, he's a terrorist, I'm out of here," Dudash goes on, adding that it's probably more effective reinforcing impressions among the base.
***
THE FACTS ON AYERS:
Ayers & Obama did serve on the same Chicago charity board in the 1990s and Ayers did host a campaign event for Obama during his 1995 state-senate run. When Ayers co-founded the militant group the Weathermen in 1969, Obama was 8 years old.
FAIR POINT FROM THE RIGHT?
Pat Buchanan on MSNBC's Hardball: "Suppose we had a Klan bomber, who had bombed churches, black churches in the 60s, unrepentant and said, 'I wish I had done more,' . . .you would not let me get away without ramming that home, saying 'what are you doing, hanging around with trash like that?'"

No comments: