Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Watching The Game


COLUMBIA -- The polls have been closed for about 45 minutes now, and Kenny Hulshof's supporters are trickling in at about the same pace as the election results here at the Holiday Inn.

At 7:49 p.m. with 45 of 3515 precincts reporting, Sarah Steelman and Kenny Hulshof are in a dead heat. It's Hulshof 44.4%, Steelman 44.3%. It's meaningless but it's fun.

There are no results in yet from all important St. Louis and Greene Counties.

There are about 40 or so Hulshof supporters inside the ballroom right now. But about a dozen are watching the Cardinals game.

1 comment:

Aakash said...

While I am definitely a Cardinals fan, I wish I was there right now, to watch the election results roll in, with everyone else. Unfortunately, the television news here, across the river, isn't giving much coverage, of the important elections taking place today, in the Midwest and elsewhere.

Here in Illinois, the primaries are unusually-early - it is typically in March (though this year, it was moved up to February 5th, even earlier!). Many people here are therefore not aware that major primary elections take place, closer to the national Election Day (as is happening today, in several key states).

Fortunately, the Blogosphere, and the MO SOS, allow us to follow along... Thank you for your great coverage of today's races, and the related events and issues.

I really like the climate of the "Show-Me" State (and I'm not talking about the weather ;-) - Today reminds me of the times I volunteered there, for special elections. I know that Missouri will be key focus this year, for races up and down the ticket, and I hope to be a part of that, from now through November.

Thanks again for your in-depth coverage, and please keep up the good work!