Tuesday, January 22, 2008

REP. BOB DIXON RESPONDS

SAYS HE'D CONSIDER REP. KENNY HULSHOF
Rep. Bob Dixon tells the KY3 Political Notebook he would consider supporting Columbia U.S. House Rep. Kenny Hulshof as the Republican nominee for Governor in light of Gov. Matt Blunt's announcement to not seek re-election.
"It's not an endorsement, just a consideration," Rep. Dixon said in a phone interview with the KY3 Political Notebook. "But with this record, I'd certainly have to consider it."
"I respect his decision. It's kind of a rare trait in politics," Dixon said of Blunt's decision. "But I don't think anyone saw this coming."
Dixon spoke to me after just emerging from a meeting between House and Senate leadership and Governor Blunt. "He basically said the same thing to us, that he had accomplished what he wanted. He just went into a little more detail with us," Rep. Dixon said.
"Whether there is more to it than that, I wouldn't know," he said.

No comments: