Sunday, December 23, 2007

Rudy Details Sickness in Missouri

"TERRIBLE HEADACHE"
"Got worse all day . . . Got really bad at night"

With his poll numbers plummeting, former national Republican frontrunner Rudy Giuliani spoke to ABC's George Stephanopoulos Sunday about health problems this week that derailed his campaign schedule and left him in a St. Louis hospital.

On This Week, Giuliani said when he got on the airplane to leave Missouri, pressure from a headache, made it the worst he ever had. He did not detail specifically what type of tests doctors performed.

"After Christmas, he can address it," Giuliani said. "I saw the doctors in St. Louis. They released me, said I was in fine health," he added later.

ADDRESSES POLITICAL HEALTH
"We are not going to win all of them."
"I can run a 50-state campaign . . . Not sure others can . . ."
Giuliani repeated his national strategy, noting that he is focused on Florida and the February 5th states. He said right now he is ahead in 15 to 18 of the 28 or 29 primaries that will take place in January and the beginning of February. In almost the next breath, responding to a question about his fall in the polls in new Hampshire, Giuliani said, "You never know what accounts for polling."

"I don't know who's going to win in Iowa. Somebody's going to win in Iowa. I hope I win in Iowa. This is Christmas time, we can all hope," Giuliani said, laughing.

"We are a long shot," he said, referring to Iowa.

"I believe I'm the candidate who can run a 50-state campaign, as a Republican candidate. I'm not sure that others can do that," he added.













1 comment:

Matt said...

Rudy's hospital visit was emblematic of the state of his campaign: while he walked out of the hospital, his campaign is on life support.

He'll finish 5th in Iowa, 3rd in New Hampshire, 4th in South Carolina. Will he even be around for Florida?