Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Republican Sigh of Relief: Jackson Won't Run

Former Rep. Jack Jackson has announced he will not challenge Gov. Matt Blunt for the Republican nomination next year.

"I've decided it would be best for Missouri not to challenge Governor Blunt" , said Colonel Jackson (USMC- Ret.) in a statement just released . "The governor asked me for my endorsement and I agreed." In his endorsement Jackson called Governor Matt Blunt, " a hard worker who is making difficult decisions and doing what he feels is best for the people of Missouri." Jackson says he had considered running for governor after he was encouraged by voters from around the state to seek the office; "I'm honored that so many of my supporters have that kind of faith in me but this is the time to close ranks and Governor Blunt deserves another term." Jackson says he will keep his options open for the 2012 elections and plans to seek statewide office at that time; "until then I'll keep working to support my fellow veterans and do whatever I can to make Missouri a better place to live."

No comments: