Monday, August 20, 2012

Akin to supporters: "I'm in this to the end."

In an e-mail to supporters titled, "I'm in this to the end," Congressman Todd Akin's campaign wrote the following Monday evening:
===============================================================

Dear Friends,

This weekend I made a mistake. I used the wrong words in the wrong way. What I said was ill-conceived and it was wrong and for that I apologize.
 
The people from Missouri who elected me know I’m not perfect. They don’t make perfect people. We all make mistakes. When you make a mistake you to tell people you’re sorry, you don’t try and hide it. I made a mistake and I’m sorry. 
 
I have just begun to fight and I’m in this race to the end! We must work together to replace Claire McCaskill in the Senate. 
 
I need your help. 
 
=========================================================

From there, the e-mail went on to ask for contributions to the campaign, including links.
Monday, Crossroads GPS and the GOP senate campaign both removed financial backing from Akin's campaign.

No comments: