Saturday, December 05, 2009

Frank Ribs McCaskill At Gridiron

Massachusetts Representative Barney Frank ribbed Sen. Claire McCaskill for her prolific Tweets at Washington's winter Gridiron Club dinner Saturday.

"Maybe I lack intellectual curiosity, but I'm not that interested in what Claire McCaskill has for lunch," said Frank, who poked fun at the new media tool Twitter.

Sarah Palin represented the Republicans at the dinner.

Palin, who repeatedly took aim at the mainstream media in a speech at College of the Ozarks Wednesday, poked fun at herself during her routine.

BEST LINES:

If the election had turned out differently, she said, "I could be the one overseeing the signing of bailout checks and vice president Biden could be on the road selling his book, 'Going Rogaine.'"

She announced she "came down from my hotel room and I could see the Russian embassy."

Focusing on criticism she has received from Steve Schmidt, a senior strategist in McCain's presidential campaign, she said, "If I need a bald campaign manager I guess I'm left with James Carville," a Democrat.

Full A.P. wrap HERE


No comments: