Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wardell: 7th District GOP Rivals Throw Red Meat, Lack Specifics


A seventh Republican candidate entered the race for the 7th Congressional District seat Wednesday because he said the other GOP candidates aren't offering specific solutions and have mostly been campaigning on "empty rhetoric."

"I don't tell jokes well . . . I'm not going to talk in generalities. I'm not going to throw red meat to a party base," said Michael Wardell, who kicked off his candidacy at the Nixa Community Center.

Business owner and retired Marine Michael Wardell of Nixa said he'll campaign on specifics. He began by offering a list of 10 ideas he'd pledge to fight for if elected.

"The first thing I want to do is I want to reduce the marginal tax rate from 25 down to 15 percent," Wardell said. "I believe in the Fair Tax. We are not going to get there in one jump," he added.

*WATCH CLIP OF CAMPAIGN KICK-OFF ABOVE*

TO READ HIS 10 SPECIFIC GOALS FOR OFFICE, CLICK HERE

"I want more specifics as a constituent and as a candidate. I'm going to articulate those thoughts more accurately than I believe the people who have been running."

WATCH THE KY3 NEWS @ 6 REPORT HERE

Wardell served in the Marines from 1984 to 2001. A native of St. Louis, Wardell spent a good amount of times overseas in Japan due to military deployments and is fluent in Japanese. He is president of BFI, LLC and he owns and operates Oscar's Ribs & BBQ in Nixa.


No comments: