Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mayor Wins A Convert In Final Pension Tax Push

If it succeeds in this turbulent economic climate, no one person will be more responsible for passage of the 3/4-cent sales tax hike than Mayor Jim O'Neal, who has been tirelessly trying to reach the persuadable -- no matter how big or small the group.

WATCH THE KY3 NEWS @ 10 REPORT HERE

On Tuesday night, at the Lion's Club, O'Neal's presentation won over at least one skeptic.

"I wasn't sure that I was for it but, after his presentation, I think I've changed my mind. I probably will vote for the sales tax," Robert Stueven said.

Springfield voters will decide Tuesday whether to raise its sales tax for five years to make up a $200 million dollar shortfall in the police and fire pension fund.

PLUS: SUNDAY
A special edition of Ozarks Today Weekend
@ 7 AM
A special panel of city officials will field your questions.

SUBMIT THEM HERE -- @Ky3.com -- ON FACEBOOK --- ON TWITTER

Or by e-mail: dcatanese@ky3.com



No comments: