Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"Like Getting The Wind Knocked Out Of You"

Sen. McCaskill Reacts to Sen. Kennedy's Brain Tumor
(Read Full Statement Below)
"Hearing the news today about my friend and colleague Senator Ted Kennedy was like getting the wind knocked out of you – it was a shock to the system. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. The entire Senate has been saddened by this news. He’s widely respected on both sides of the aisle as an effective leader and fighter. In fact, I joke that if you were to take all the Republicans in the Senate, put them in a room where no one would know what they said and ask them who they respected most in the Senate, I would bet the farm that they’d say it was Ted Kennedy. It’s true; he is very deeply respected for being a lion in the U.S. Senate, and for fighting for the working people of this country. I feel in my heart that he will fight through this as well."

No comments: