Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sen. Loudon: I Bullied A Kid With Curly Hair

Following up on our report on anti-bullying legislation, I came across this story in the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

State Senator and former candidate for State Auditor John Loudon admitted to bullying a kid with curly hair, during a Senate Education Committee meeting yesterday.

From the Dispatch:

Sen. John Loudon, R-Chesterfield, was the first to own up to schoolyard violence.

“I once beat up a kid with curly hair. I was nine years old,” Loudon admitted to the Senate Education Committee. “For some reason it bothered me that he had hair like a girl. There was no reason for it, but it bugged me.”

Loudon’s faced his own kind of punishment a year after bullying the curly headed kid. While at a sports camp, Loudon said another child bullied him relentlessly. A counselor merely told him to “work it out,” Loudon said.

“I worked it out,” he said. “I went and punched him.”

1 comment:

Desdinova said...

I've always thought that Republicans and talk radio show host started out as playground bullies.