Tuesday, February 13, 2007

McCaskill Postpones Iraq Trip

Sen. Claire McCaskill has postponed a trip to Iraq to speak at a memorial service for the late Lt. Governor Harriett Woods.

McCaskill said she was honored to be included in the ceremony, and immediately postponed her participation in the Congressional trip to Iraq that would have conflicted with the Memorial Service.

“Harriet Woods was an amazing woman who taught me lessons that I use each and every day. I am honored and humbled to be able to talk about what her wisdom and leadership meant to Missourians,” McCaskill said. “The decision to postpone my participation in a Congressional trip to Iraq was not difficult. While there will be other upcoming opportunities to go to Iraq, this is a once in a lifetime chance to say thank you to a woman who changed my life and helped shape Missouri’s history.”

No word yet on when McCaskill will reschedule her trip to Iraq.

No comments: