Friday, September 22, 2006

Jack Danforth on Meet the Press

Fmr. U.S. Senator John Danforth (R-MO) is scheduled to be a guest on NBC's Meet the Press this Sunday to talk about his new book, "Faith and Politics: How the "Moral Values" Debate Divides America and How to Move Forward Together."

There is an exclusive excerpt of Danforth's new book in Newsweek.

The Christian Science Monitor also has a piece on Danforth's book.

But Danforth has his critics, mainly hard core conservatives. Here's the take from the Conservative Underground.

A programming note . . . this week, Meet the Press will air at noon, due to NBC's coverage of the Ryder Cup.

4 comments:

bobicus tomatocus said...

Growing up I used to look up to Senator Danforth. I dont know how I feel about the man right now.

I wonder if he, like many others, allowed Washington to "grow on him."

I still believe is a good and honorable man. I just might not agree with him on a number of issues any longer.

Boyd said...

Trust fund Danforth lost me when he give Clinton a pass on that investigation about Chinese money or whatever sleazy thing it was he was appointed to look into. He is a professional insider.

Ken said...

Unfortunately, I think Senator Danforth is becoming the Republican version of Jimmy Carter.

PbBut said...

You're right, John Danforth continues to plague the nation. Thanks, Senator, your legacy is defined by the votes of Justice Clarence Thomas.