Thursday, August 10, 2006

Fluharty To Run As "Write-In Conservative" in 137th

Chris Fluharty is announcing he will run as a write-in candidate in the 137th legislative district because of the lack of "real conservative choice," this coming November.

In a press release, Fluharty writes, "his candidacy should be seen as viable because he is by far the most experienced candidate for election."

"There are no conservative candidates on the ballot. Dan Scott has been quiet on everything but his roots in the district, and those roots won't get things done in Jefferson City," Fluharty says.

Fluharty says as a former legislative aide, he knows the inner-workings of Jefferson City better than Scott. He says he also expects the endorsements of conservative groups like Missouri Right to Life and Concerned Women for America, because of "Dan's weak stance on stem cell research."

"If these groups hold true to their values, they will see that Chris Fluharty is the only pro-life and pro-family candidate," Fluharty says.

Fluharty says he has a website up at www.missourians4fluharty.tripod.com, but we couldn't load it.

Dan Scott won the G.O.P. nomination for the 137th. Scott will face Democrat Charlie Norr for Rep. Mark Wright's seat in November.

5 comments:

Ron Davis said...

Dave: Try it without the www:
Missourians4Fluharty

Rev Chris M Fluharty said...

Thanks for running the press release. I have an uphill battle but know that when conservatives hear Dan finally says where he stands on key issues they will take the time to write me in. Also I am sure some reporter will eventually break the story of Dan's living arrangements. Dan will have to decide to deal with my onslaught or concentrate on Charlie who will run his thing the way he always has. Charlie is a good guy and if he wins I know he'll do what he can the people in our district, but as a freshmen rep from the minority party that won't be much.

Takes two wings to fly straight said...

Good luck Chris. You are right that Scott has avoided the issues except to talk about his roots. He lets Republicans think he is a Republican and Democrats think will vote with the Democrats. You correctly note he doesn't talk about his recent residency on East Cherry, his late move to the downtown loft or his Lexus. You and Norr provide voters with real northside choices.

Rev Chris M Fluharty said...

Ryan you know me better then that. A vote for the lesser of two evils is still evil. If you want people to lay aside their beliefs of true conservatism just so Dan will win you need some serious help. Party politics is what is bad about governemnt. To elect a guy just because he is in your party is ignorant. Elect the guy or gal who fits your beliefs. So Ryan if Charlie wins because I spoil so be it. Dan doesn't even really live here anyways. The CP did not make the ballot so that is why I am not under that banner. I had enough signatures to run as an independent but dropped out when I found out I had cancer. I supported Ron Day but he lost because the GOP wanted a moderate to run. SO be it. But if you are a true conservative that is pro life and pro family I am your only choice and I hope you will write me in in Novemebr.

Rev Chris M Fluharty said...

PS I am not being used by anybody. No one owns me. The left is aware of my candidacy and if they are smart will use it. So Charlie if you are reading this, its yours to use.