Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Clarification on Carter's No Comment

For my Monday evening story on proposed plans to reform the way fee license offices are awarded, I attempted to contact Leslie Carter, who is listed as the operator of 2 of Springfield's three fee offices.

When I called and asked to speak with Carter, I was told she wasn't available. When I pressed that it was important I talk to Carter for a story I was working on, a female worker at the office kindly told me she'd call me back. Within 10 minutes or so, that woman did call back and said Leslie Carter had no comment on plans to reform the way fee offices are awarded. She also told me that Carter referred me to the Governor's office for comment.

At the end of Monday night's story, it was written in the tag that "we talked to Leslie Carter who runs two of those offices, but she had no comment."

So when Leslie Carter called our station to tell our General Manager that I never spoke with her, she is right. To set the record straight, I never did speak directly with Carter, although I would've liked to. I did speak with someone who said she was speaking for Carter, who told me Carter had no comment.

No comments: