Friday, January 25, 2008

Lampe Makes (Almost) Shermanesque Statement:

"In the 2008 election, I'm going to be serving the people of the 138th," Rep. Sara Lampe told the KY3 Political Notebook in an interview late Friday.

When I asked Lampe if she would run for Treasurer this year, she said "no."

"I feel like I'm playing musical chairs. I'm fascinated by the movement of this all," she said.

Rep. Lampe said she thought Rep. Clint Zweifel might run for Treasurer on the Democratic side.

"I don't see (Jeff) Harris or (Margaret) Donnelly getting out of their race," Lampe said.

Lampe also reacted to the possibility Secretary of State Robin Carnahan jumping into the Governor's race:

"It certainly is reasonable that any statewide officer looks at that position. I'm very excited about the party being united and moving forward to support Jay (Nixon) without a primary."

Finally, on the Obama endorsement non-endorsement: "It was just the goofiest thing ever. Susan Montee called and asked if I'd jump on, and I said I was really flattered. I'm certainly excited about Obama. But I really don't care who it is. I just want it to be a Democrat. I don't want to endorse. I've never committed," Lampe said.

Weird week, huh?

No comments: